Job Title Team Leader
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Operations Operatives
Main Purpose of Job:
To coordinate and supervise the operations team on a daily basis ensuring that all pick, pack and dispatch operations, systems and staff run smoothly and efficiently to fulfil the customers’ requirements consistently and on time. Responsible for driving pace, developing the team, creating and implementing Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring Health and Safety policies are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure an exceptionally high level of Customer Care is promoted and maintained.
- Ongoing communication with ICT providers to improve stock management
- and Pick, Pack and Dispatch system.
- Experience and understanding of using a computerized system to manage work flow and record all aspects of the operation.
- Using Microsoft Office, in particular excel to record and report on department.
- First line manager for operations team, ensuring consistent training, attendance and performance management.
- Motivating and driving the team towards high contribution and achievement.
- Foster and drive a “right first time” attitude to work reinforcing the company values at all times.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with the production of management reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Developing SOPs for micro level tasks and supporting the Operations Manager in developing macro level SOP’s.
- Assisting with stocktake’s, sharing best practices and ensuring accuracy.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with all departments to promote group success.
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, plant, equipment and company property including the building and all facilities in line with Health & Safety and Legal requirements.
- To ensure the Operations areas are tidy at all times.
- To cover the Operations operative’s duties on a daily basis, but particularly during holidays/sickness.
- To monitor any maintenance and repair issues that arise in the Operations areas and ensure any repairs are carried out in a timely/efficient manner, ensuring the Managing Director is aware of any issues.
- To act as out of hours building key holder and take responsibility for formal locking up process on weekly rota alongside other key holders.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives.
Education and Qualifications
To hold or be prepared to work towards a supervisory qualification
Team leader/supervisory experience desired but not essential as training will be provided – examples of leadership skills or qualities preferred.
An excellent knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety within an Operations environment.
Special Attributes/Individual Performance Characteristics
An excellent communicator and team motivator.
A good level of numeracy, literacy and computer skills.
A basic level of physical fitness is required.